SAVE THE DATE! Mentor Walk College Immersion Day
Mentor Walk College Immersion Day will be hosted at Georgia Tech on Saturday, February 4, 2017, in partnership with Horizon’s Atlanta at Georgia Tech, CEISMC, and The Center for 21st Century Universities (C21U). More info: www.mentorwalk.org
Horizons Atlanta at Georgia Tech
The mission of Horizons at Georgia Tech is to provide an academic, cultural, and recreational program designed to encourage a diverse group of students from low-income families to realize their full potential. The Horizons@GT Program partners with two local schools, Centennial Place and Drew Charter. Only students who qualify for free or reduced priced meals and who are pre-identified by Centennial Place Elementary and Drew Charter School will be accepted into the Horizons@GT Program.
Learning to swim, Working in partnership with families, Horizons@GT serves students of varying academic abilities throughout their childhood and adolescence. Horizons@GT is committed to the development of the whole child through experiences that build problem-solving skills, foster awareness of community responsibility, instill respect for oneself and others, and encourage a life-long interest in learning.
- Prevent summer decline in students’ academic achievement
- Improve students’ in school performance over time
- Develop students’ social & interpersonal skills
- Build self-esteem, resourcefulness & sound judgment
- Raise students’ expectations & aspirations
- Encourage parents to become involved in their children’s education