Dr. Jamila Cola is a Research Scientist at the Georgia Institute of Technology’s Center for Education Integrating Science, Mathematics, and Computing (CEISMC). Currently she is the Director for the NSF Partnerships for Research, Innovation, and Multi-Scale Engineering (PRIME) Research Experiences for Teachers Site at Georgia Tech.
In these roles, Dr. Cola provides research and educational opportunities for science and art teachers as well as summer enrichment programs for high school students in Georgia. She also enjoys working with faculty in various disciplines to achieve their goals of broadening the participation of underrepresented groups in STEAM education and research. She completed her B.S. at Hampton University in Hampton, Virginia, and her M.S. and Ph.D. in Chemistry at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana.
- NSF Partnerships for Research, Innovation, and Multi-Scale Engineering RET Site
- U.S. Department of Education Arts in Education Model Development and Dissemination, Partnership with Cherokee County
- NASA Astrobiology Institute Center for Ribosomal Origins and Evolution, Education and Public Outreach Director
- UGA Improving Teacher Quality Higher Education Program, Director for the Materials Science and Engineering Summer Institute for Middle and High School Teachers.
- NSF Center for Chemical Evolution